1969 Chevrolet Camaro RS LM1 Convertible
When it comes to famous option packages on classic Chevrolet cars, we all know about the Z28, Super Sport, Rally Sport, and even the ZL1 and COPO. But how many of you know about a little-known RPO that was an option for only the first few months of the 1969 model year? The LM1 RPO engine option code was a little-known way for a Camaro buyer to get a four-barrel equipped 350 cubic-inch small-block engine delivering 255 horsepower. This option allowed the Camaro buyer to get the 350 cubic-inch engine in a non-Super Sport Camaro. The LM1 was available with a manual-shift and automatic transmission options. LM1-equipped cars also received other high performance options like a 12-bolt rearend, multi-leaf rear springs, dual exhaust, a console, and a tachometer. There were 10,406 Camaros built with the LM1 option, which equals slightly more than 12 percent of the production for the first four months of the model year, but only 4.2 percent of overall 1969 production.
For more information on LM1 Camaro’s, please visit http://www.69lm1.com/faq.htm for more details!
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE DOCUMENTATION?
Tune in to the walk around video below as we explain to you exactly why this car is just so unique and rare!
LOOK AT THIS FULLY NUMBERS MATCHING DRIVETRAIN!
No Reserve Classics is listing this beautiful, very highly optioned, and FULLY NUMBERS MATCHING LM1 1969 Camaro. This car comes with a thick binder full of documents and service records from the past 50 years as well as an original dealer invoice/window sticker, and the protect-o-plate! The owner had brought it back to the same dealership they purchased the car from for all of their maintenance! How many cars out there will you find with that kind of documentation this many years later?! Let alone this car being an original LM1 Convertible, it is also super highly optioned and still retains the factory Turbo Fire 350 powerhouse, M21 Transmission, and 12 bolt rear!! This car comes with all of the goodies such as the factory Rally Sport Trim Package, R-134A Ice Cold Air Conditioning, Deluxe Houndstooth Interior, M21 4-Speed Muncie Transmission, 12 Bolt Posi Rear, and so much more! Do not miss out on this rare opportunity to own a very historical piece of automotive history for a no-reserve price!
To briefly sum this car up, this 1969 Camaro LM1 Convertible is the quintessential classic muscle car that you’ve been looking for. This car is a true sleeper from the factory and has all of the original drivetrain that it came with back from when it was purchased! Not to mention that new/modern cars on the road just can’t compete with the gulping sound this V8 Camaro makes! Whether you want to make this car part of your collection (as it is a very rare #’s matching convertible LM1) or drive it every single day if you wanted, this car is for you! We encourage any potential buyers to please visit this car (if possible) as seeing it in a picture is just not going to do this car any justice. Please keep in mind this very original car is almost 50 years old, has some imperfections, and may need some odds and ends as you drive it more often. However, we would still be very proud to drive this car every day possible and know for sure you would be too.
If you’d like more information, have absolutely ANY questions/concerns, or would like to purchase a similar car, please contact Joe at (732) 277-9021 for more details!
- Fully Detailed Engine Compartment to bring back the factory appearance!
- Numbers matching Chevy LM1 (HQ Suffix Code) Turbo Fire 350/255hp engine that starts right up, runs, and sounds great!!!
- Full factory style C60 4-Season A/C system that was just re-serviced and blows out ice cold air and is great for those hot days where rolling the windows down just isn't enough!
- A/C System was also converted to R-134A for that modern cold air!
- Front Disc Brakes that stop on the dime!
- Fully numbers matching M21 Muncie 4-Speed Transmission that keeps this car cruising in gear!
- Rare Factory Original Air Cleaner with Chrome Lid still in place!
- Engine was converted to HEI ignition when it was rebuilt (that's right, no more unreliable points systems to worry about here!)
- Optima Yellow Top Battery for easy and reliable startups!
- Factory Style Exhaust Manifolds
- Entire exterior has been just fully detailed from the convertible top, to paint, to all the trim/chrome and looks and shines great!
- Code 57 Fathom Green Paint that shines beautifully!
- 2" Steel Cowl Hood
- Front Windshield has a modern visor tint to keep the sun out of your eyes on the road!
- Z22 Rally Sport Trim Package
- Brand New Front Spoiler!
- White convertible top/white hockey stripes that were just detailed and look great!
- Original GM Coded 14" Rally Wheels with the iconic BFGoodrich Radial T/A White-Lettered Tires that look great going down the road and are super comfortable with today's tire technology!
- Headlights, Brake Lights, Turn Signals, Sidemarkers, and even Reverse Lights are fully functional making this car ready to travel the streets of America!
- Fully Detailed Interior that feels so comfortable and nostalgic
- Full White Deluxe Houndstooth Interior (no more burning hot black interiors!)
- Houndstooth bucket seats with headrests are super comfortable to sit in and look fabulous!
- Factory Style Deluxe Rosewood Steering Wheel!
- Woodgrain Dash that looks great!
- Original center dash clock still works great!
- Original AM Radio still works fantastic
- Highly Sought After Center Console with the iconic 4-Speed Hurst shifter!
- Custom Auto Meter Center Console Rally Gauges
- Brand New comfortable and clean cut-pile carpeting!!
- Lloyd's Custom Camaro Embroidered Floor Mats
- Brand New Factory Correct Chrome Shifter Knob
- Car comes with a white convertible top boot!
- Fully Detailed Underbody/Trunk
- 12 Bolt Posi Rear End!
- Moser Custom Rear End Differential Cover
- Dual Exhaust System that sounds great but doesn't wake up the neighbors in the morning making this car great to be able to drive everyday!
- Line Lock on the brakes to do some smokin burnouts!
- Tubular Upper Control Arms
- New Control Arm Bushings
- New Ball Joints and Tie Rod Ends (no more sloppy steering!!)
- 5-Leaf Multi Leaf Springs
- Rear Sway Bar
- Parking Brake still works great!
- Global West Weld-On Tubular Subframe Connectors that help eliminate body flex and drastically improve handling!
- Original Cocktail Shakers/Vibration Dampeners are still in place on all four corners!!!