1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS 396 Convertible
The Chevrolet Camaro is an automobile manufactured by General Motors under the Chevrolet brand, classified as a pony car, and some versions also as a muscle car. It went on sale on September 29, 1966, for the 1967 model year and was designed as a competing model to the Ford Mustang. The car shared its platform and major components with the Pontiac Firebird, also introduced for 1967.
First-generation Camaro debuted on a new rear-wheel drive GM F-body platform and would be available as a 2-door, 2+2 seating, coupe or convertible with a choice of 250ci inline-6 and 302ci, 307ci, 327ci, 350ci, or 396ci V8 powerplants. The Camaro was touted as having the same conventional rear-drive, front-engine configuration as Mustang and Chevy Nova. In addition, the Camaro was designed to fit a variety of power plants in the engine bay. The first-generation Camaro would last until the 1969 model year.
No Reserve Classics is listing this beautiful, highly optioned, and nicely redone 1969 Chevrolet Camaro for a NO-RESERVE auction! That’s right, you can own this classic piece of automotive history and we are letting YOU, the bidder, decide how much you want to buy this car for! This Camaro is a great local show car and is actually something you can reliably drive everyday if you wanted to as it has a recently built 396 Big Block Engine that was built mostly to L78 Specification (and was upgraded for more power!) and a Muncie 4-Speed Transmission to keep you in gear!
Concerned about buying a car with old cracked or fading paint that might look good in a picture but not so much in person? Not to worry the Hugger Orange paint with black stripes on this car all shines like glass and if you’re looking for that car that will get you thumbs up and turning heads left and right, this is the car you’ve been looking to buy. There are just so many new parts and components throughout this entire car so bear with us and keep on reading below!
To briefly sum this car up, this 1969 Camaro Convertible is the quintessential classic muscle car that you’ve been looking for. You can bet that this car is a sleeper with its factory overall appearance yet has a powerful upgraded and rebuilt drivetrain. Not to mention that new/modern cars on the road just can’t compete with the gulping sound this big block Camaro makes! Whether you want to add this car to your collection or take it out on those beautiful summer days down the shore with the top down, you bet this car is for you! We encourage any potential buyers to please visit this car (if possible) as seeing it in a picture is just not going to do this car any justice. We would be very proud to drive this car every day possible and know for sure you would be too. If we had to put a rating on this car, we would say it is of high driver quality as it has been recently freshened up with many new parts and cool features!
Please keep in mind that this car is not a numbers matching car and cannot be verified to be a factory-born/original SS 396 as we do not possess any of the original paperwork of the car and the fact that it pre-X-Code. Although this car looks absolutely stunning, please understand that this is almost a 50 year old car with some very minor imperfections. As with all classic cars, it may need a few odds and ends down the road as you begin to drive it more often (as it also has very few miles on it since it was redone). It’s still nonetheless an iconic and one of the most sought after classic cars that you will be proud to own and very happy to drive in!
If you’d like more information, have absolutely ANY questions/concerns, or would like to purchase a similar car, please contact Joe at (732) 277-9021 for more details!
- 396/375hp Big Block Chevy Powerhouse that was mostly built to factory L78 specification however was upgraded with a larger cam and pushes about 425hp!
- Engine fires right up and sounds super healthy and powerful with that classic American Muscle Car lope!
- Muncie 4-Speed Transmission that has been built to handle its mean Big Block powerhouse and shifts into gears without any hesitation!
- Holley 4150 (80776) Double Pumper Carburetor that looks to have been recently rebuilt/refinished
- Original GM Stamped Intake Manifold
- GM Upper/Lower Reproduction Radiator Hoses for that factory underhood look!
- POWER STEERING for a nice comfortable drive without breaking a sweat trying to steer!
- POWER DISC BRAKES that stop right on the money!
- New Power Steering Hoses
- New Rag Joint Steering Coupler
- Brand New Engine Belts
- Brand New Chrome Water Neck
- Brand New Chrome Valve Covers!
- New Factory Style Cowl Induction Air Cleaner Assembly with Brand New Chrome Lid that looks awesome!
- Stainless Steel Brake Lines (no more rusty/rotted out steel brake lines that can cause safety concerns!)
- HEI Igntion with MSD Plug Wires for ease of tuning and modern reliability (no more painful points distributors to worry about!)
- Radiator Core Support Bushings were recently replaced
- The entire engine compartment has also been fully and recently detailed with brand new L78 dress-up features, decals, and fresh paint to give that factory look!
- Very even, straight, and consistent body lines!
- Doors are solid and open and close very firm and straight just as if it had left the factory!
- SS 396 Trim
- Beautifully painted front grille that was painted to match the color of the car and gives a nice touch!
- Stunning Hugger Orange Paint that was just detailed and underwent a full multi-stage buff, compound, and wax to make this paint shine like glass!!
- The sheet metal around this car looks to be very solid and clean
- PAINTED Black Hockey Stripes that are buried beneath the clear!
- Original Style Big Block Blacked-Out Tail Panel that shows you mean business!
- Just about all exterior light components are fully functional and work great such as headlights (low/high), turn signals, sidemarkers, and brake lights. If you know classic cars, these components rarely ever work!
- D80 Spoiler Package
- Factory Style 2" Steel Cowl Hood
- Very nice clean, clear, and visible glass
- Black Convertible Top has been recently replaced and is very flat without any rips, tears, or stains and overall looks fantastic
- New BFGoodrich White-Lettered Tires (with less than 100 miles on them!) on original GM Rally Wheels to give that old school look yet has today's modern tire technology
- Just about all of the chrome and trim around the car is either brand new or was re-chromed and makes this car shine like a mirror!
- All of the emblems shine like new and are also in beautiful shape
- Almost all new rubber weatherstripping around the entire car such as doors, quarter windows, trunk, etc that will keep the inside of this car sealed and dry as a bone!
- New window felt sweepers that protect the inside of the doors from dirt, debris, and water! (These felts are commonly dry-rotted and stick to the window making it a pain in the neck to roll down the windows)
- FULLY CLEANED & DETAILED INTERIOR with many new parts and accessories!
- Super clean interior that is very comfortable and nicely redone!
- Freshly refoamed and fully recovered bucket seats that restores the look, feel, and comfortability to this Camaro's interior!
- Carpeting has also been recently replaced and looks very clean with no rips, tears, or stains
- Brand New Polished Aluminum Door Sill Plates!
- Brand New Dash Pad!
- Original style horn works well and almost sounds like you're stuck in traffic in the city in 1969!
- Even the original door buzzer works which is a nice nostalgic feature
- Power Convertible Top that swings up and down smooth and doesn't get stuck like most of these cars with hydraulic tops.
- Speedometer and Fuel Gauge are both working great with a beautiful clear lens that you can actually see through (as opposed to some other older cars that have such terribly faded, cracked, and scratched lenses that make it impossible to read your gauges!)
- Oil PSI and Water Temp gauges were also added to keep track of your engine vitals and work!
- Nice Center Console with New Shifter Plate
- Iconic Hurst 4-Speed Shifter with Brand New Correct Chrome Shifter Knob
- Brand New Disc Brake Pedal Pad
- Even the E-Brake Warning Light still works on the dash!
- Just about all warning lights and dash lights are still working great
- All new pedal pad trim to give a shiny lustrous look to the interior
- Door panels are in nice clean shape with no missing components
- Windows roll up and down very smooth and do not get stuck like most of these old cars that have old rusty regulators that have not been properly maintenanced.
- Aftermarket FM Radio was added some time ago but the dash was not cut and mangeled to try and fit the radio in. It was fit into the factory holes which is great if you want to change back to the original radio (or a Custom Autosound Radio that has Bluetooth, AM/FM, and Aux input for modern sound quality and ease of hookup). If you are interested in a different radio from what is currently in the car, please contact Joe at (732) 277-9021 for more details. We would be more than happy to accommodate special requests before you receive the vehicle!
- Kick Panel Speakers that sound crisp, clear, and plays well with the note of the exhaust!
- Factory A/C Car which is great if you would like to add an aftermarket system into the car while still retaining a factory dash!! If you live in a hot climate where A/C is a must, we can certainly add a Full Air Conditioning and Heating system for you. Please contact Joe at (732) 277-9021 for more details!
- Original front and rear GM lap seat belts
- BRAND NEW Grant Polished Stainless Steel 3-Spoke Steering Wheel (similar to the original GM Comfort-Grip Steering Wheel but this aftermarket version is MUCH more comfortable to hold as it is thicker and made of vinyl!)
- Clean and fully detailed underbody!
- Super Solid Front Subframe & Rear Frame Rails
- All Body Mount Bushings were replaced (which contributes to a nice front end body panel alignment and the fact that it has such a nice smooth ride without any mysterious noises!)
- Floors are in very good and solid shape and aren't chopped up and cheaply patched which is especially very important for convertibles.
- Suspension is very solid and drives very comfortably
- Car handles great and steers great around corners!
- Super clean trunk that has been detailed & painted with the correct style spatter paint! (not rotted out like most cars!!).
- Front Power Disc Brakes that stop just as good as some modern cars!
- Multi-Leaf Springs in the rear that give a nice firm yet still very comfortable ride
- Original Cocktail Shakers/Vibration Dampeners still in place (very rare for convertibles to still have these as most people take them out and sell them as they are super valuable!)
- Aftermarket Rear Sway Bar was added to keep all the weight of this convertible evenly on the ground around corners and turns without flexing the body (which is something that I feel Camaros should have come with from the factory as it drastically improves handling!)
- Hotchkis Cross Brace that was added to clear the exhaust yet still providing a stiff chassis!
- 8.5" Rear End (isn't your average puny 10 bolt!) Don't underestimate the 10 Bolt Rear!
- Fun Fact: The 8.5" 10 Bolt rear was produced by GM in 1971 to be able to handle a lot more torque and horsepower than just a standard 8.2-10 Bolt and was actually built to replace the 12 Bolt Rear. These rear ends are much more superior in performance capabilities than an 8.2" due to the fact that it still has the same size pinion shaft as the 12 Bolt's and can last a lifetime! You can identify a 8.5" GM Rear as it has two sharp ears on the bottom of the differential/thirdmember housing.
- Brand New Fuel Tank & Mounting Straps!!
- FULL POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL Magnaflow X-Pipe Crossover Dual Exhaust System that gives this sweet American Muscle Car a mean rumble!