1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 LS5 Tribute Coupe
The Chevrolet Chevelle is a mid-sized automobile which was produced by Chevrolet in three generations for the 1964 through 1977 model years. Part of the General Motors (GM) A-Body platform, the Chevelle was one of Chevrolet’s most successful nameplates. Documented as one of the greatest Chevelle’s ever produced, the 1970 Chevelle was the highest powered Chevelle manufactured in the model’s lifetime, which ran from 1964 through 1977, and was the only GM car at the time to have ever topped the horsepower rating of the Corvette with its LS6 Model.
No Reserve Classics is listing this nicely redone and beautiful 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 for a NO-RESERVE auction! It’s not every day you will come across a Chevelle with all of the goodies like this one has such as a fully professional rebuilt Big Block 454, a fully rebuilt Muncie M22 Rock Crusher 4-Speed Transmission, 12-Bolt Posi rear all with very few mileage on, original Code 78 Black Cherry paint that shines beautifully, and SO MUCH MORE!
The previous owner of this car owned it for almost 40 years and took it back to the same Chevrolet dealership he purchased it from every time it needed serviced! He even had the same dealership build a complete LS5 drivetrain so you know this car wasn’t just some “backyard mechanic” job that you would be questioning the integrity of. This is as good as it gets as it has been fully rebuilt and the fact that this car drives like it is brand new, so don’t scroll away! Again, this classic piece of history is going up for a NO-RESERVE AUCTION which means we are going to let you, the bidder, decide how much you want to buy this car for. For all of you collectors out there, this is that perfect car you’ve been looking to add to your collection that you can actually drive everyday if you wanted!
To sum this car up, this 1970 Chevelle SS 454 is a work of art being that the entire drivetrain was professionally redone by a Chevrolet dealership, everything works so well, and it drives wonderfully. Please note that although it has a correct LS5 drivetrain, we cannot verify if this car was a true LS5 from the factory as we do not have a build sheet of the vehicle. However, we do encourage ANY and ALL potential bidders to please call up and ask any questions you may have about the car and come visit if possible as this ad just does not do this car justice for how beautiful it is and how wonderfully it drives. Although this car is very nicely redone, please keep in mind this car is nearly a 50 year old classic car with a slightly older paint job that you will find some imperfections in and that the car may need some odds and ends especially as you begin to drive it more often.
If you’d like more information, have absolutely ANY questions/concerns, or would like to purchase a similar car, please contact Joe at (732) 277-9021 for more details!
- FULLY DETAILED ENGINE COMPARTMENT
- Fully Rebuilt 454 that starts right up, has a lot of power, drives wonderfully, and of course has the iconic and classic American Rumble to it!
- Worried about purchasing a car that still has a carburetor? Not to worry, this engine fires right up with no hesitation or stalling out like most improperly tuned carbureted engines you will find out there today. The dealership who serviced this entire drivetrain made sure that this engine was tuned almost as if it were fuel-injected!
- FULLY REBUILT Muncie 4-Speed M22 Rock Crusher Transmission with that ICONIC M22 1st Gear Whine that tells you it's ready to be fed some power!!!
- Holley 4-Barrel Carburetor!
- Original Bowtie Stamped Chevrolet Intake Manifold
- MSD 6AL Ignition
- POWER BRAKES that stop on a dime!
- Brand New Master Cylinder & Correct Stamped Delco Moraine Brake Booster
- POWER STEERING!
- Brand new Interstate Battery with a Delco Battery Topper to give you that OEM engine compartment look yet still with a modern powerful battery!
- Custom Taylor Red Spark Plug Wires
- Full Length Headers
- Chrome Valve Covers with Chevrolet Breather
- BRAND NEW Full Factory Style Cowl Induction Air Cleaner Setup
- All new correct decals around the engine compartment in order to restore a factory look (which should get you some brownie points at car shows!!)
- Just recently fully detailed entire exterior (multi stage buff, wax, and compound) that brings the shine out everywhere on this car!
- Doors, trunk lid, and hood open and close so nicely it seems even better than factory!!
- Body lines on this car are absolutely unbelievably straight and are gapped very well
- Original Code 78 Black Cherry Maroon Paint with painted white stripes that shines like glass!
- Original 1970 Chevelle SS Magnum Wheels with the iconic BFGoodrich Radial T/A tire that gives this car such an original look but drives so much better with today's tire technology!
- All chrome/trim/bumpers looks very nice and many parts have been replaced to restore the original luster back to this automobile!
- All exterior components work such as headlights (low & high beam of course), turn signals, hazards, sidemarkers, tail lights, reverse lights, and brake lights! (For those of you who know & understand classic cars, you know it is very rare to find cars with fully working exterior street components)
- Mostly new emblems around the car
- Correct Factory Style Cowl Induction Hood with Original Style Chrome Hood Pins!
- All weatherstripping/rubber product looks to have been replaced to seal everything and keep this car's interior dry as a bone!
- All lenses for lights around the exterior of the car are crystal clear
- All glass is crystal clear and has the correct A02 tinted front windshield!
- Fully Detailed/Cleaned Interior
- Beautifully done bucket seats with headrests that are super comfortable and look very nice!
- Highly desirable center console with the 4-Speed Hurst Shifter
- Headliner was redone and is absolutely immaculate!
- Carpeting was redone and looks super clean and smooth with no rips, tears, or stains!
- Dash Pad looks to be original and looks great
- Door Panels are in excellent shape and look fabuolous!
- Fully Working Gauge Cluster (Speedometer, Tach, Clock Temp, and Fuel)
- Gauge Lens is crystal clear (unlike even most restored cars which still have cracked, faded, or terribly scratched lenses making it difficult to read!)
- All dash indicator lights (such as turn signals, high beam light, and warning lights) are fully functional!
- Working Heater
- Working Wipers
- Working Dome Light
- Working Horn
- Original and Correct GM lap seat belts
- Original and Factory Correct Chevy SS Steering Wheel
- Very clean and recently fully detailed underbody in fantastic shape!
- Dual H-Pipe Flowmaster Exhaust System with correct polished tips that sounds and rumbles like a true American Muscle car!!
- 12 Bolt Posi Rear that lays both tires down to the ground like any sweet classic American Muscle car should!
- Custom Aluminum Mr Gasket Differential Girdle Cover!
- Correct Blowproof Bellhousing to protect flywheel/clutch
- Suspension was just about fully redone from inner and outer tie rods to ball joints, new springs, shocks, boxed out rear control arms, and much more!
- New Transmission Mount / Engine Mounts!
- New Fuel Tank / Mounting Straps
- F41 Rear Suspension/Rear Sway Bar!
- Very nice clean trunk that has been detailed & painted with the correct style spatter paint! (not fully rotted out or full of patchwork like most cars!!)
- Correct Trunk Lid Decals!
- Brand New High Speed Fully Balanced Driveshaft from Mr. Driveshaft with brand new Spicer U-Joints and 1350 Trans Slip Yoke!
- Super solid frame and floors that (for being almost 50 years old) look immaculate compared to other cars you will currently find on the market!