1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Documented LS5 Coupe
The Chevrolet Chevelle is a mid-sized automobile which was produced by Chevrolet in three generations for the 1964 through 1977 model years. Part of the General Motors (GM) A-Body platform, the Chevelle was one of Chevrolet’s most successful nameplates. Documented as one of the greatest Chevelle’s ever produced, the 1970 Chevelle was the highest powered Chevelle manufactured in the model’s lifetime, which ran from 1964 through 1977, and was the only GM car at the time to have ever topped the horsepower rating of the Corvette with its LS6 Model.
Look at how many options this car was born with!
Not many cars out there are this optioned let alone it also being an LS5!
No Reserve Classics is listing this beautiful 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS LS5 454 for a NO-RESERVE auction! It’s not every day you will come across a fully documented and registered LS5 Chevelle with all of the goodies like this one has such as a Big Block 454, a Turbo 400 Trans, 12-Bolt Posi rear, four wheel power disc brakes, power steering, and SO MUCH MORE! This car has the best of both worlds as it is a super rare factory born LS5 AND the fact that it has many cool upgraded modern options so you can comfortably drive it everyday. Tired of seeing cars that are always claiming to be a true SS? When you pull up with this Chevelle, you know for sure this isn’t no SS tribute, this is the real deal and nobody can argue that! For all of you collectors out there looking for a unique and super rare Chevelle to add to your collection or even drive everyday if you wanted, this car is absolutely for you!
To sum this car up, this 70 Chevelle is truly one of a kind as it is a factory true and documented LS5 SS 454 but was upgraded with cool features to allow you to comfortably drive this car everyday. If you are looking for a super fun car to drive or to add to your car collection that you will be certainly proud to own, this car is the one for you. Although this car presents in pictures fabulously, please keep in mind it is still nearly a 50 year old car (not a brand new 2018 Camaro from the dealership) with some imperfections but nonetheless something you can enjoy all the time!
- FULLY DETAILED ENGINE COMPARTMENT
- Rebuilt 454 that starts right up, has a ton of big block power, drives wonderfully, and of course has the iconic and classic American Rumble to it!
- TH400 Automatic Transmission that shifts through gears nice and smooth down the road
- Brand New Air Cleaner Assembly with correct LS5 decals to show you mean business!
- Brand New Hood Hinges that are upgraded to hold this heavy hood!
- Demon 4-Barrel Carburetor
- Aluminum Air Gap Intake Manifold
- 4-Wheel POWER BRAKES that stop on a dime!
- POWER STEERING!
- Upper/Lower Tubular Control Arms for that added grip and tight feeling around corners
- Just recently fully detailed entire exterior (multi stage wet-sand, buff, wax, and compound) that brings the shine out everywhere on this car!
- Forest Green paint with white stripes that looks and shines beautifully!
- Original Forest Green Paint Code
- Brand New Chrome Hood Pins
- Very nice chrome all around the car that has just been polished
- Correct A02 Tinted Front Winshield
- Fully Detailed/Cleaned Interior
- Nicely done bucket seats with headrests that are super comfortable and look very nice!
- Highly desirable center console with the iconic 'staple' shifter
- Round U14 SS Gauges (no sweeper gauges here!)
- Gauge Lens is nice and clear (unlike most cars which still have cracked, faded, or terribly scratched lenses making it difficult to read!)
- Brand New Bosch Backlit Tachometer
- Custom aftermarket direct fit FM radio with Kicker Speakers that sound phenomenal (especially when mixed with the mean exhaust sound this engine makes!)
- Recently fully detailed underbody that looks great! (see pictures below)
- 12 Bolt Posi Rear that lays both tires down to the ground like any sweet classic American Muscle car should!
- Trunk that has been detailed & painted with the correct style spatter paint!
- In the trunk you will find the spare tire, brand new original style jack, and mounting accessories as seen below in the pictures!
- Full Length Hooker Headers that lead into a 3" Pypes X-Pipe Crossover Street Pro Dual Stainless Steel exhaust system that sounds awesome and looks great under the car!
- Polished Stainless Steel Chevrolet Bowtie Exhaust Tips were added for a cool custom look to the rear of the car!
- Suspension handles tight as many of the components have been replaced such as ball joints, front coils, front shocks, sway bar end links, tie rods, bump stops, tubular upper and lower control arms, and much more. Overall, this car drives around corners super tight yet feels super comfortable on today's roads.
- New power steering hoses
- Chrome torque converter cover to protect where the engine meets the trans and yet adds a nice touch to the underbody
- 4-Wheel Power Disc Brakes with drilled and slotted rotors all around that stop just as well as any modern car!