1972 Chevrolet K5 Blazer 4x4 Convertible Pickup Truck
History of the K5 Truck:
The original K5 was a short wheelbase truck. It was available in 1969 as 4-wheel drive only; in 1970, a two-wheel-drive model was offered. There were four choices for power plants: the 250 straight-6, the 292 straight-6, the 307 V8, and the 350 V8. The Blazer was designed and marketed to compete with International Harvester Scout and the Ford Bronco. Both of these were originally aimed at the short Jeep CJ series, which were much smaller than other trucks. The great innovation of the Blazer was to simply offer a shortened pickup truck, which both increased interior space, and lowered the cost of production with a shared platform. The Blazer quickly became popular. For the first time, it married the off-road capabilities of the Scout with the “luxury” features like air conditioning and automatic transmissions routinely available on pickup trucks. By 1970, the Blazer was already outselling both of its older rivals. Ford, Dodge, and even Jeep would counter with similar shortened pickups, with the Dodge Ramcharger and Jeep Cherokee.
Ever dreamed of owning a cool classic truck that you can just cruise down the beach with and feel like a million dollars? Well you’re in luck because No Reserve Classics is listing this beautiful 1972 Chevrolet K5 Blazer Convertible for a NO-RESERVE auction! This truck is full of cool features, great looks, and is very highly optioned. Originally born with Code 518 Medium Green paint, 4-Season A/C, and a V8 Automatic 4×4, you bet this truck is super rare to come across today. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to own a truck that is becoming increasingly rare in great shape like this one. Keep reading below to see what makes this classic Chevy so awesome!
To briefly sum this truck up, this ’72 4×4 K5 Blazer is the quintessential beach cruiser that you’ve been looking for. Whether you want to add this truck to a collection, take it out off-roading, or down the shore on those beautiful days to get some ice cream with the family, you bet this Blazer is for you! As previously stated, these trucks are becoming more and more rare in this shape and are continuing to climb in value. Here is your chance to own a prime example in such a beautiful and rare color combination.
We encourage any potential buyers to please visit this truck (if possible) as seeing it in a picture is just not going to do it any justice. Although this truck looks absolutely stunning, please understand that this is almost a 50 year old vehicle with some imperfections and was not built to be a show truck. As with all classic cars and trucks, it may need a few odds and ends down the road as you begin to drive it more often. It’s still nonetheless an iconic and increasingly sought after classic Chevy that you will be proud to own!
If you’d like more information, have absolutely ANY questions/concerns, or would like to purchase a similar car, please contact Joe at (732) 277-9021 for more details!
- Engine compartment was just freshly detailed with new accessories for good looks!
- New Chrome Valve Covers
- New Chrome Air Cleaner
- Chevy 350 powerhouse that starts right up, sounds great, and delivers a lot of old-school V8 power to those mud tires!
- TH350 Automatic Transmission linked with the famed NP205 Transfer Case!
- Fully Working & Operational 4x4 System that is ready for the mud, snow, or the sand dunes!
- Edelbrock 1406 600cfm Vacuum Secondary Carburetor with Electric Choke for easy cold-engine start-ups!
- Factory Code 1C6020 4-Season Air Conditioning System still in place but currently not functioning. Since just about all of the components are present, this A/C system would not require much to return to working order.
- Power Steering
- Power Disc Brakes
- New Bosch Platinum Power Battery
- Freshly detailed exterior (multi-stage wet-sand, buff, compound, and wax) that brings out the shine on this beautiful truck!
- Original Code 518 Medium Green which is a super rare and highly desirable color for this truck! Refer to the SPID above to see all the options this truck was born with.
- Lots of new chrome, trim, and weatherstrip all around the truck from LMC Truck to keep this truck shining like new!
- Brand new front grille
- Brand new front and rear chrome bumpers
- Brand new bumper carriage bolts
- Brand new sidemarker housings, bezels, and lenses on all four corners!
- Brand new polished tail lamp bezels
- Brand new chrome head lamp bezels
- Brand new turn signal lenses
- Brand new front grille Chevy Bowtie emblem
- Steel Cowl Induction Hood
- 17" Custom Moto Metal Wheels
- 33" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ Radial Mud Tires
- Red Painted Disc Brake Calipers for that cool custom look!
- Old school side exit black exhaust pipes that adds a really nice accent to the sides of the truck and compliments the black wheels!
- Beautiful off-white interior that was just recently detailed!
- Truck comes with white soft top or can be driven without it on those beautiful sunny days down the shore!
- Super comfortable white bucket seats in the front and rear bench seat that doesn't burn during those hot sunny days!
- Highly desirable center console with cup holders
- Factory owner's manual and SPID (Service Parts Identification) Tag still in place!
- Original column shift with 4WD floor shifter
- Sport steering wheel with working horn!
- Working wiper blades
- New inner chrome door handles
- Brand new Sony MEX-XB1000BT Radio which features Bluetooth audio for easily connecting your phone/tablet, CD player, as well as an Aux input for other audio devices. Also has EQ adjustment settings as well as a Megabass feature which works very well with the aftermarket subwoofer that was installed in the rear of the truck!
- Infinity Subwoofer and Amp System that adds that extra kick you're looking for
- Sony 6x9 Speakers that sound awesome and rock the inside of this truck!!
- Just recently fully detailed underbody
- Fully Working 4WD with Manual Locking Hubs
- New Rough Country 4" Full Suspension Lift Kit that comes with all new valved N2.0 Shocks and New Rear Leaf Springs
- New Rough Country Dual Steering Stabilizer Setup for better handling on the road and around corners!
- New front brake hoses
- Braided Stainless Steel Rear Brake hose
- New fuel tank
- GM 12 Bolt Truck Rear End
- Dana 44 Front End
- All new body to frame bushings